Justice League Task Force
From Sega Retro
|Justice League Task Force|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: Acclaim Entertainment|
|Developer: Grey Team, Sunsoft, Condor|
|Licensor: DC Comics|
|Sound driver: GEMS|
|Peripherals supported: Six Button Control Pad|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Justice League Task Force (ジャスティスリーグ) is a 1995 fighting game by Condor, Sunsoft, and Acclaim to tie into the Justice League Task Force comic books. A SNES version was also made with Blizzard Entertainment instead of Condor (as they had bought Condor in the interim, renamed to Blizzard North).
You play as one of the Task Force members as they fight robot clones of each other made by Darkseid, who has taken control of a military base. The game itself is a one on one fighter based on the molds of Street Fighter II, , , and each perform light, medium, and hard attacks respectively; alternates between punches and kicks. With a Six-Button controller , , are respectively light, medium, and hard punches; , , are light, medium, and hard kicks respectively; pauses the game.
Justice League Task Force was released around the same period for both the Mega Drive and Super NES, but while the cast of characters, story and main modes of the game are the same, the graphics and audio are unique to each platform, meaning enemies are often fought in entirely different settings. Gameplay differs between the two versions also, with the Mega Drive geared more towards close combat fighting as opposed to the projectile attacks witnessed more often on the Super NES.
- Developed by: Condor, Inc
- Programmed by: Rick Seis, David Brevik, Robin van der Wel
- Art by: Erich Schaefer, Max Schaefer, Michio Okamura, H Tom Byrne, Kelly Johnson
- Music and Sound by: Matt Uelmen
- Game Design by: Dan MacArthur, Condor, Inc
- Acclaim Development: The Grey Team
- Producer: Rob Leingang
- Associate Producers: Ken Kajikawa, Gregg Giles, James Johnson
- Analysts: Steffan Levine, Mark Mermelstein
- Administrative Asst: Diane Cambria
- Quality Assurance: Mike Hong, Jim Dunn, Carol Caracciolo, Adam Ingberman
- Special Thanks to: Dan MacArthur, Sam Patel, Wendy Brevik, Anna Okamura, Jennifer Seis, Ken Williams, Sharon Williams, Peter Brevik
- Main article: Justice League Task Force/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
|Superman games for Sega systems|
|Superman: The Man of Steel (1992) | The Death and Return of Superman (1995) | Justice League Task Force (1995)|
|Batman games for Sega systems|
|Batman (1990) | Batman: Revenge of The Joker (1992) | Batman Returns (1992) | The Adventures of Batman & Robin (1995) | Justice League Task Force (1995) | Batman Forever (1995)|
|Batman Returns (1992) | The Adventures of Batman & Robin (1995) | Batman Forever (1995)|
|Batman Returns (1993)|
|Batman Returns (1993) | The Adventures of Batman & Robin (1995)|
|Batman Forever (1995)|
|Batman Forever (1996) | Batman & Robin (unreleased)|