The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light
From Sega Retro
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
|The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light/Beyond Oasis|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Virtual Console, Steam, Android, iOS|
|Sound driver: Ancient Music Driver MD|
|Peripherals supported: Six button pad|
|Number of players: 1|
The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light, called The Story of Thor: Hikari o Tsugumono (ストーリー・オブ・トア 光を継ぐ者) in Japan, La Legende de Thor in France, and Beyond Oasis in North America, is a 1994/1995 role-playing action game developed by Ancient for the Sega Mega Drive. It was followed by a prequel, The Story of Thor 2, on the Sega Saturn.
Prince Ali has found the Gold Armlet, a magical artifact used by Reharl, a sorcerer, to defeat Agito, another sorcerer who wanted to destroy the Kingdom of Oasis with his Silver Armlet, a long time ago. Both sorcerers died and the armlets were lost until now. The Gold Armlet governs the four spirits of Oasis, which Ali must find in order to stop the person who has found the Silver Armlet from destroying Oasis.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light||The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light|
|English (US)||Beyond Oasis||Beyond Oasis|
|Japanese||ストーリー・オブ・トア 光を継ぐ者||The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light|
|French||La Legende de Thor||The Legend of Thor|
Pressing jumps, and holding crouches while walking. attacks. How long you hold for, how many times you have it pressed, whether or not you are jumping, and whether or not you are moving all determine which attack you perform (though it will always be either using your sword or kicking). is also used to talk to villagers. opens up a menu where you can equip weapons and items, check your progress, look at a map, and save.
Six Button Control Pad buttons are also used for shortcuts:
- Open Map menu.
- Open Weapons menu.
- Open Items menu.
Furthermore, button is also used in this game. Pressing + switches between dagger and chosen weapon.
Some cheats require use of buttons that aren't available on Three Button Control Pad.
- Main article: The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light/Changelog.
|1.1.1||50MB||2017-12-20||||(50.15 MB) i|
|1.0.0||49MB||2017-10-11||||(48.78 MB) i|
- Main Program & System Design: Yukio Takahashi
- Monster, Event & Sound Program: Hideki Koyama
- Monster & Visual Program: Akitoshi Kawano
- Game Design & Main Planning: Kataru Uchimura
- Map Design & Event Design: Tetsuya Kawabata
- Art Direction & Character Design: Ayano Koshiro
- Object Art & Illustration: Hitoshi Ariga
- Background Graphic Art: Hiroki Tatemukai, Hajime Chikami
- Story & Script Writer: Juri Ogawa
- Producer & Music Composer: Yuzo Koshiro
- Special Thanks To: Steaven C Vlam
- Special Thanks To Sega Staff: Kunihiro Shirahata
- ©1995 Sega
- Music ©1994 Yuzo Koshiro
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Mega Drive, JP|
|Mega Drive, AU|
- Sega of Japan Virtual Console page (Japanese)
- The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light on Steam
- Beyond Oasis Classic on Google Play
- Beyond Oasis Classic on iTunes: US, UK
- File:GamePro US 070.pdf, page 105
- File:EGM US 067.pdf, page 134
- File:MeanMachinesSega29UK.pdf, page 56
- File:CVG UK 160.pdf, page 78
- File:SegaMegazone AU 49.pdf, page 22
- /http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_thor/ (archived 2007-02-26 08:10)
- /https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/02.html (archived 2018-03-05 23:11)
- /http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/RDgBF2mVVmLHGFKaI1Tfv_5yXk1D4eRq (archived 2010-11-23 00:38)
- /http://www.nintendolife.com/games/megadrive/beyond_oasis (archived 2017-07-05 07:56)
- /http://steamdb.info/app/211200/ (archived 2013-05-22 20:31)
- /https://steamdb.info/app/211200/ (archived 2017-05-23 00:43)
- https://twitter.com/SEGAForever/status/918582827955957760 (archived 2018-05-18 22:36)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.beyondoasis (archived 2017-12-22 00:22)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.beyondoasis (archived 2017-10-29 03:20)
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beyond-oasis-classic/id1263090841?mt=8 (archived 2017-12-22 00:26)
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beyond-oasis-classic/id1263090841?mt=8 (archived 2017-10-17 21:34)
- File:SegaVisions US 24.pdf, page 43
- File:CDConsoles FR 04.pdf, page 132
- File:PlayerOne FR 051.pdf, page 74
|The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light|