Sega Classics Collection
From Sega Retro
- For the Japanese Sega Classics Collection, see Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co..
|Sega Classics Collection|
|System(s): PlayStation 2|
|Developer: 3D Ages|
|Original system(s): PlayStation 2|
|Game total: 9|
|Number of players: 1-2|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Sega Classics Collection is a video game compilation released for the PlayStation 2 in 2005/2006. It contains remakes of classic Sega arcade games released in the late 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s, all of which attempt to take advantage of the PlayStation 2's improved hardware.
It was only released in North America and Europe - Japanese consumers received each game (and others) separately as part of the Sega Ages 2500 series during 2003 and 2004. Every game in this compilation was developed by 3D-Ages, a joint venture between Sega and D3Publisher. Most games are presented in 3D and have enhanced graphics and audio.
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 2: Monaco GP
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 3: Fantasy Zone
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 4: Space Harrier
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 5: Golden Axe
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 6: Ichini no Tant-R to Bonanza Bros.
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 7: Columns
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 8: Virtua Racing FlatOut
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 13: OutRun
- Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 14: Alien Syndrome
In PAL regions, Vol. 14: Alien Syndrome was omitted in an attempt to lower the PEGI rating. Translation has been done where needed.
- CEO of SEGA Europe/SEGA America: Naoya Tsurumi
- President/COO of SEGA Europe: Mike Hayes
- Development Director: Gary Dunn
- Head of Development Europe: Brandon Smith
- Production: James Brown, Akiko Uchida
- Creative Director: Matthew Woodley
- Director of European Marketing: Gary Knight
- Head of Brand Marketing: Helen Nicholas
- Assistant Brand Manager - Japanese Studios: Claire Brummell
- European PR Manager: Lynn Daniel
- International Brand Manager: Ben Stevens
- Creative Services: Tom Bingle, Keith Hodgetts, Akane Hiraoka
- Online Marketing Manager: Morgan Evans
- Web Editor: Romily Broad
- Senior Web Designer: Bennie Booysen
- QA Manager: Mark Le Breton
- QA Supervisor: Darius Sadeghian, Marlon Grant
- Master Tech.: Trevor Barnes, John Hegarty
- Lead Testers: Julie Metior
- Testers: Natalie Holkham, Gabriel Ralls, Man Iung Cheung, Rohit Gogna, Tom Drake, Zamir Bandali
- Technical QA Specialist: Mike Hanley, Ben Andac, Imran Yusuf
- Menu/Shell Program: Lifelike Productions
- SOE Special Thanks: Emi Yamane
- UK manual
- Main article: Sega Classics Collection/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
|PlayStation 2, EX†|
ROM dump status
|3,062,824,960||DVD-ROM (EU/AU)||SLES-53461 (V1.02)|
|1,396,178,944||DVD-ROM (US)||SLUS-21009 (V1.01)|
- Sega Classics Collection on PlayStation.com: US