Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
From Sega Retro
|Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World|
|System(s): Xbox 360, PlayStation 3|
|Original system(s): Sega System 2, Sega Mega Drive|
|Game total: 3|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World, called Monster World Collection (モンスターワールドコレクション) in Japan, is a bundle of three Wonder Boy games for Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation 3. It is part of Sega of Japan's Sega Ages Online series, which is being localized as Sega Vintage Collection. These games were released individually on PlayStation 3.
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Monster World) (arcade version)
- Wonder Boy in Monster World (Wonder Boy V: Monster World III) (Sega Mega Drive)
- Monster World IV (Sega Mega Drive)
For some reason it omits Monster World II, otherwise known as Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap.
- Main article: Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World/Achievements.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World||Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World|
|English (US)||Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World||Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World|
|Japanese||モンスターワールドコレクション||Monster World Collection|
This stands as the first time Monster World IV has been officially translated into English (unofficial translations exist), but not the first official release in English speaking territories - the Japanese version of the game was previously released for the Gametap service. This translation was rumoured to appear on the Wii's Virtual Console service too. It was also the first time the arcade version of Wonder Boy in Monster Land was released outside Japan (Europe received a Master System port and several home computer ports; the US received two computer ports). According to an interview with Westone's Ryuichi Nishizawa , the English Monster Land was a shelved release from 1987, while the English Monster World IV was made specifically for the Virtual Console release.
- Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World on Xbox Marketplace: JP, US, UK, AU
- Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World on PlayStation Store: US
- http://marketplace.xbox.com:80/en-US/Product/Sega-Vintage-Collection-Monster-World/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b72 (archived: 2012-05-25 09:42)
- http://marketplace.xbox.com:80/en-GB/Product/Sega-Vintage-Collection-Monster-World/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b72 (archived: 2012-05-25 22:20)
- http://marketplace.xbox.com:80/fr-FR/Product/Sega-Vintage-Collection-Monster-World/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b72 (archived: 2012-05-26 01:36)
- http://marketplace.xbox.com:80/ja-JP/Product/モンスターワールドコレクション/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b72 (archived: 2012-05-29 00:14)
- http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-au/Product/Sega-Vintage-Collection-Monster-World/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b72 (archived: 2018-06-30 19:47)
- https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-NPUB31108_00-VINMONSTERBUNDLE (archived: 2018-04-02 23:11)
- http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/wonderboy/wonderboy-interview.htm (archived: 2012-06-17 03:13)
|Games in the Wonder Boy Series|
|Wonder Boy (1986) | Wonder Boy in Monster Land (1987) | Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair (1988) | Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap (1989) | Wonder Boy in Monster World (1991) | Monster World IV (1994) | Monster World Complete Collection (2007) | Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World (2012)|
|Wonder Boy V Monster World III Koushiki Guide Book (1991)|
|Monster World Complete Collection Original Sound Track (2007)|