From Sega Retro
|Developer: Sonic Team|
|System(s): PlayStation 2|
|Peripherals supported: Eyetoy|
|Genre: Party Games|
Sega Superstars (セガ スーパースターズ) is a video game for the PlayStation 2 developed for the Eye Toy Peripheral. It features a series of games based on previous Sega titles. Many of SEGA's well-known characters are featured, including their most well-known mascot, Sonic the Hedgehog.
Sega Superstars features a number of Sega properties and iconic characters and also serves as the first of the Sega Superstars/All Stars line of games. Each character and franchise are featured in their own mini game.
- Sonic's Speed Chute (from Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Race through a level that is reminiscent of the Special Stages of Sonic Heroes and collect Chaos Emeralds to gain a high score. Play as Sonic, Super Sonic, Shadow the Hedgehog and Super Shadow!
- Aiai's Monkey Roll (from Super Monkey Ball)
- Play as Aiai and collect bananas and dodge obstacles while moving to the goal.
- NiGHTS' Spring Valley (from NiGHTS into Dreams)
- Fly with NiGHTS through rings and collect chips.
- Amigo's Music Maker (from Samba de Amigo)
- Hit 6 different targets in time with the music to make music.
- Billy's Egg Roll (from Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg)
- Navigate Billy and his moving egg to crush enemies and collect fruit.
- Crazy Taxi (from Crazy Taxi)
- Take passengers to their requested destinations.
- Virtua Fighter (from Virtua Fighter)
- Punch or kick the opponent. Block and counter also.
- Ulala Game (from Space Channel 5)
- Repeat the dance moves of the Morolians.
- Chao Garden (from Sonic Adventure)
- Raise your own Chao! Visit the Black Market for the first time on a non-Nintendo console.
- Chu-Chu Rocket! Game
- Raise and lower a bridge for the Chu-Chu's to cross. Drop the bridge when KapuKapu's try to cross.
- Puyo Pop Fever (from Puyo Pop Fever)
- Different colored Puyos fall from the top of the screen and must be guided to the correct area.
- House of the Dead (from The House of the Dead)
- Attack zombies but avoid hitting civilians.
- Virtua Striker (from Virtua Striker)
- Hit balloons with the ball.
- Main article: Sega Superstars/Magazine articles.
JP TV advert
- Sega of Japan catalogue pages (Japanese): PlayStation 2
- Sega Superstars on PlayStation.com: JP, (EyeToy), US
- http://sega.jp/ps2/supersta/ (archived 2004-12-15 04:28)
- Press release: 2004-11-02: SEGA SHIPS SEGA SUPERSTARS FOR EYETOY