Wolverine: Adamantium Rage
From Sega Retro
|Wolverine: Adamantium Rage|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Developer: Marvel Software, Teeny Weeny Games|
|Number of players: 1 (Single-player)|
Wolverine: Adamantium Rage is a 1994 side-scrolling action game released for the Sega Mega Drive and the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES), by Marvel Software tying into the X-Men franchise. Both versions differ drastically in content and gameplay. The Mega Drive game, which was not released in Japan, was developed by Teeny Weeny Games and published by Acclaim Entertainment. The SNES version in other hand, was developed by Bits Studios and published by LJN.
Wolverine embarks on a quest to find out about his past, but is caught up in a series of fights. The game’s ending is non revealing however, interfering not with the comics.
Playing as the titular character of the game, you must guide Wolverine throughout seven levels, and also coming across his deadly foes.
jumps; pressing quickly in mid-jump performs a whirling attack, which can extend Wolverine's jumping reach. crouches; + rolls to the direction Wolverine is facing; Also, if or is pressed while is held, a pouncing attack is performed. kicks, press it quickly for a roundhouse kick. slashes. makes a backhand slash. Pushing and simultaneously results in a two way attack.
It’s important to note that two or more enemies can’t be hit at the same time when all of them are standing in front of Wolverine, making it important to take them on out one by one.
Progress is recorded through passwords, which can be input at the options menu.
- Both PAL and NTSC version are on the same cartridge and can be accessed by modifing the system's region settings. Aside from the usual speed differences, they are identical
- Producer: Mark Flitman
- Associate Producers: Ken Kajikawa, Tyrone Miller, Doug Yellin
- Analysts: Michael Archer, J.J.Mazziotto
- Special Thanks to: Mike Thomas, Dana Moreshead, Lisa Geisenheimer, CP McBee, Carol Caratciolo, Mike Hong, Linda Spelman, Simon Gouldstone, Joe Allocco, Nat Gunter, John Dempster
- Programming/Graphics/Maps: Paul Laidlaw, Ian Richards
- Sprites Drawn by: David Swan, Warren Hawkes, Damien Rochford, Ben Willsher
- Backgrounds: Karl D'Costa, Tahir Rashad, Paul Mitchell
- Music: Jason Page, Rob Lord
- Compression: Nick Pelling
- Original Design: Angela Sutherland
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: Wolverine: Adamantium Rage/Magazine articles.
also published in:
- GamePro (US) #66: "January 1995" (199x-xx-xx)
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Mega Drive, US|
|X-Men games for Sega systems|
|Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge (1993) | X-Men (1993) | Wolverine: Adamantium Rage (1994) | X-Men 2: Clone Wars (1995) | X-Women: The Sinister Virus (unreleased)|
|Spider-Man and the X-Men in Arcade's Revenge (1994) | X-Men (1994) | X-Men: GamesMaster's Legacy (1994) | X-Men: Mojo World (1996)|
|X-Men: Children of the Atom (1995) | X-Men vs. Street Fighter (1997)|
|X-Men: Mojo World (1996)|
|X-Men: Mind Games (Unreleased)|
|X-Men related media|
|Sega Tunes: X-Men 2: Clone Wars (1996)|