Arcade Motion Dual
From Sega Retro
|Arcade Motion Dual|
|Distributor: Hyperkin (US), Blaze Europe (UK), Argos (UK), Kartridzh Tsentr (RU)|
|Built-in games: 50|
The Arcade Motion Dual (also referred to as simply the Arcade Motion) is a "console on a chip" manufactured by AtGames in 2010. It closely resembles the Genesis Gencore, but instead of a cartridge slot, it features an SD card slot to play downloaded ROMs. It also features 40 Built-In games, including 15 officially-licensed Sega Mega Drive titles, 7 "motion-sensing" sports games, and 18 "bonus" arcade games. Strangely, several of the officially-licensed games have added save states on the menu screen that act as a "level select" of sorts.
The controllers are similar to Wii Remotes and feature motion-sensing support to some extent. The console uses standard mono A/V output and runs off of four AAA batteries or an AC adapter, neither of which is included. The remotes both use two AAA batteries each.
AtGames later released this device in Russia as the Sega Genesis Nano Trainer, substituting the motion sensing controllers with standard six-button Mega Drive pads. Despite this (and a colour change), the contents remain the same.
|Mega Drive, RU (Nano Trainer; black)|
- Product page on AtGames.net (archive)
- Product page on Hyperkin.com (archive)
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Genesis-Arcade-Motion-Electronic-Games/dp/B0042VRIIU (Wayback Machine: 2015-05-11 02:14)
- ↑ http://hyperkin.com/index.php/retro-gaming/sega-genesis-game-console/retro-system-atgames-motion-control-sonic-system.html (Wayback Machine: 2011-10-16 01:32)
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/Sega-Genesis-Arcade-Motion-Total-Games/dp/B00HETK15Y/ (Wayback Machine: 2020-10-13 02:43)
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20131127051141/http://pristavka.com/catalog.php?cat=sega_pr
|Sega consoles created by AtGames|
|"Plug and play" systems|
|PlayPal Plug & Play (2006) | Arcade Gamer (200x) | Brain Games Colour (2008) | Mega Drive Twin Pads (2008) | Arcade Gamer Classic (20xx) | Arcade Master (20xx) | Reactor (20xx) | Arcade Motion Dual (2010) | Arcade Nano (2010) | Arcade Blast (2011)|
|Systems with a cartridge slot|
|Arcade Motion Classic (2008) | Arcade Classic (2009) | Genesis Gencore (2009) | Sega Mega Drive Flashback (2017)|
|Arcade Gamer Portable (200x) | Arcade Portable (200x) | Arcade Ultimate (20xx) | GenMobile (20xx)|