ESWAT: City Under Siege
From Sega Retro
|ESWAT: City Under Siege|
|Developer: Sega R&D2|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Virtual Console, Steam, Android, iOS|
|Original system(s): Sega System 16|
|Number of players: 1|
ESWAT: City Under Siege is a Sega Mega Drive action game released for the console in 1990. It is a reimagining of the 1989 arcade game Cyber Police ESWAT. The Sega Master System version of ESWAT: Cyber Police calls itself ESWAT: City Under Siege on its title screen, but is unrelated to this Mega Drive game.
- 1 Story
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Versions
- 4 Production credits
- 5 Digital manuals
- 6 Magazine articles
- 7 Promotional material
- 8 Artwork
- 9 Physical scans
- 10 Technical information
- 11 External links
- 12 References
A police officer (named Duke Oda in Japanese versions) navigates through the crime-ridden Liberty City, shooting and capturing criminals. He is eventually accepted to the Police Department's top unit, E-SWAT (Enhanced Special Weapons and Tactics) and given a powered exoskeleton to fight against powerful crime bosses who threaten the city. His ultimate goal is to destroy E.Y.E., a super computer.
E-SWAT is a run'n gun type of game, on which the player must eliminate threats approaching from either part of the screen; a boss is waiting at the end of each stage. After completing the second mission, you are given a power suit and weapons.
Shot: Standard hand gun.
Super: Fire three bullets at the same time automatically.
M.L. (Missile Launcher): Fire missiles that will skim over surfaces.
P.C. (Plasma Cannon): Energy weapon that fires a more powerful projectile if allowed to charge up.
Fire: A massive flame thrower kills everybody on the screen but also drains fuel bar. Single use only.
|Mission 1 - Guard Silent City|
|Mission 2 - Infiltrate Cyber Prison|
|Mission 3 - Defend Neo Three-Mile|
|Mission 4 - Attack Mad Scientist|
|Mission 5 - Destroy Dark Base|
|Mission 6 - Penetrate Secret Sewer|
|Mission 7 - Destroy Tactical Complex|
|Mission 8 - Break E.Y.E's Plan|
The Mega Drive version is different from the arcade and Master System versions, with more platforming sequences added in. There aren't special weapons, though the player can equip more weapons. A jetpack is also available to fly around as long as the suit has power.
The japanese version of a game has no continues and title screen has "enhanced specials weapons and tactics" subtitle instead of "City under Siege", while the western version gives player 3 continues that he can use after Game Over screen.
When either of the versions is played on PAL system the music will play at correct speed but gameplay was not optimized and thus is slower than intended.
- Main article: ESWAT: City Under Siege/Comparisons.
- Main article: ESWAT: City Under Siege/Changelog.
|1.0.0||39MB||2017-11-08||||(38.87 MB) i|
- Game Designed by: Tinon
- Programmed by: Momonga Momo, Little Sun
- Designed by: Nandemo, Macco Chan, Seishi Atsumiya, Mikarin
- Music by: Dolphin, Middle Village
- Sound Coordinator: Bo
- Special Thanks to: Mizoran, Ore, Sat Man, Taro Shizuoka, Mt. Maya, Thunder, "Design's Maid", Thomas Yuuda, Yamaichi, "GoodLuck Matsuda"
- Original Concept: Saki
- Produced by: Sega 1990
- Source: In-game credits
- Main article: ESWAT: City Under Siege/Magazine articles.
#1990-06: "June 1990" (1990-05-08)
#1990-07: "July 1990" (1990-06-08)
Sega Forever icon
Mega Drive version
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Mega Drive, FR|
|Mega Drive, SE (rental)|
ROM dump status
- Sega of Japan Virtual Console pages: Mega Drive
- ESWAT: City Under Siege on Steam
- ESWAT: City Under Siege on Google Play
- ESWAT: City Under Siege on iTunes: US, UK
- File:EGM US 015.pdf, page 68
- File:Raze UK 11.pdf, page 76
- File:AcaoGames BR 002.pdf, page 14
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_eswat/ (archived: 2007-09-15 20:43)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/04.html (archived: 2018-03-05 23:40)
- http://www.nintendolife.com:80/games/megadrive/eswat_city_under_siege (archived: 2017-06-26 20:42)
- http://steamdb.info/app/71110/ (archived: 2013-05-22 19:33)
- https://steamdb.info/app/71110/ (archived: 2017-05-22 08:33)
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.eswat.classic (archived: 2017-11-26 19:36)
- https:/twitter.com/SEGAForever/status/928306360705605633 (archived: 2018-05-18 20:48)
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eswat-city-under-siege-classic/id1263153863?mt=8 (archived: 2018-09-07 22:19)
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eswat-city-under-siege-classic/id1263153863?mt=8 (archived: 2017-11-14 22:35)
- File:GamePro US 016.pdf, page 100
- File:GPSG US 01.pdf, page 8
- File:SegaVisions US 03.pdf, page 22
- File:ACE UK 37.pdf, page 91
- File:SSM_JP_19950901_1995-09.pdf, page 87
- File:CGtC UK 04.pdf, page 29
- File:CVG UK 106.pdf, page 78
- File:TGM UK 34.pdf, page 55
- File:HobbyConsolas ES 006.pdf, page 40
- File:Mega UK 16.pdf, page 86
- File:MegaTech UK 01.pdf, page 51
- File:MegaTech UK 01.pdf, page 77
- File:MeanMachines UK 05.pdf, page 42
- File:PlayerOne FR 006.pdf, page 22
- File:PowerPlay DE 031.pdf, page 133
- File:Raze UK 06.pdf, page 32
- File:SegaPro UK 02.pdf, page 57
|ESWAT: City Under Siege|