Welcome to Sega Retro, a project from the people behind Sonic Retro. We aim to cover everything possible about Sega from the 1940s to today. We currently are working on 29,225 articles and have many more that are requested to be worked on.
While this wiki is designed to help the community by providing information, it is also dependent on the community to be updated. Anyone with an account may edit the wiki. As you feel more comfortable with the site, please feel free to make any changes or additions that you feel necessary.
List of abbreviations:
- This edit created a new page (also see list of new pages)
- This is a minor edit
- This edit was performed by a bot
- The page size changed by this number of bytes
19 May 2022
We have more than 7,500 Sega games
documented, from the slot machines of old to the cutting-edge titles of today. Every known release from every region of the world, both licensed and unlicensed
, for computers
, consoles, handhelds
and everything in between.
, covers, manuals, media and promotional material
, as well as internal documents you were never meant to see
; Sega Retro has a huge library of high quality scans dating back to 1945
and the database grows every day.
Audio and video
Hundreds of singles and albums, audiobooks, television broadcasts and even a few stage shows, not to mention the company's fondness for karaoke and its two house bands.
Including people, companies, history, toys, merchandise, secrets, venues, events, technical information, interviews... and films on VHS.
On this day, May 19...
May 19 (
- 1990 - DJ Boy is released for the Sega Mega Drive in Japan.
- 1993 - Batman Returns is released for the Sega Mega-CD in North America.
- 1995 - Gokujou Parodius Da! Deluxe Pack is released for the Sega Saturn alongside Mortal Kombat II for the Super 32X in Japan.
- 1999 - Radio DC, a CD, is released in Japan. 1001 igra dlya Sega, a book, is released in Russia.
- 2000 - Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage is released for the Sega Dreamcast in Europe.
- 2002 - World Series Baseball is released for the Xbox in North America.
- 2005 - Shining Force Neo Final Complete Guide, a book, is released in Japan. Puyo Pop Fever is released for the PlayStation Portable in the United Kingdom.
- 2008 - World Club Champion Football: Intercontinental Clubs 2006-2007 is released in Japanese Arcades for the Sega Lindbergh Blue board.
- 2009 - R-Type is released for the Wii Virtual Console in Japan.
- 2014 - Crazy Taxi: City Rush is released for Android devices in North America and Europe.
- 2016 - Soukuu no Liberation is released for Android devices in Japan, North America, and Europe and for iOS in Japan.
- 2017 - Endless Space 2 is released for Steam and for Mac OS X through Steam in North America, Europe, and Australia as well as a physical version for Windows PCs in Europe and Australia.
- 2019 - Skies of Arcadia Eternal Soundtrack, a CD, is released in Europe.
- 2020 - Sonic the Hedgehog, a DVD and Blu-ray, is released in North America.
Released on this day
- 1990: DJ Boy (Mega Drive, JP)
- 1993: Batman Returns (Mega-CD, US)
- 1995: Mortal Kombat II (32X, JP)
- 1995: Gokujou Parodius Da! Deluxe Pack (Saturn, JP)
- 1999: 1001 igra dlya Sega (Book, RU)
- 1999: Radio DC (CD, JP)
- 2000: Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage (Dreamcast, DE)
- 2002: World Series Baseball (Xbox, US)
- 2005: Shining Force Neo Final Complete Guide (Book, JP)
- 2005: Puyo Pop Fever (PlayStation Portable, UK)
- 2008: World Club Champion Football: Intercontinental Clubs 2006-2007 (Lindbergh Blue, JP)
- 2009: Sonic X (DVD, FR)
- 2009: R-Type (Virtual Console, JP)
- 2013: Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (Steam, US)
- 2014: Crazy Taxi: City Rush (Android, US)
- 2016: Soukuu no Liberation (Android, JP)
- 2017: Endless Space 2 (Steam, US)
- 2019: Skies of Arcadia Eternal Soundtrack (CD, EU)
- 2020: Sonic the Hedgehog (DVD, US)
You can become a part of the Sega Retro community in several different ways:
- Sign up for a Sega Retro account and become part of our group of editors (If you have a Sonic Retro account please use the same username for your account here)
- We have lots of game pages that are in desperate need of more information. If you know your way around some of these games, help us out by telling us how to play or what to expect. We also have many pages that still need to be made.
- We are always on the lookout for high quality, unmarked, genuine game media scans. If you notice a poor quality or missing scan of a game you have, please help by making a scan and replacing the bad one.
- Log on to Discord and join #sega, our dedicated channel
- From another country or speak another language? Help us by providing otherwise difficult-to-get information about Sega in mainland Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America, or by translating texts.
- Short on ideas? Visit the "to do" page
The Sonic the Hedgehog resource second only to Sega.
Documenting Sega history from the 1940s to present day.
The higher energy computer and video game site for NEC.
Press, pics, and the proving ground for what's next.