Sega Mega Drive Collection
From Sega Retro
|Sega Mega Drive Collection|
|Developer: Digital Eclipse|
|Game total: 28 + 5 unlockable|
|System(s): PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable|
|Original system(s): Sega Mega Drive, Sega System 16, Sega G80, Sega Zaxxon hardware|
Sega Mega Drive Collection, known as Sega Genesis Collection in North America, is a compilation of several Sega games spanning several consoles. Included in the collection are 28 readily playable games and 5-6 unlockable games which are exclusive to each system. There are also several unlockable interviews from SEGA of Japan employees, a "museum" which features facts and strategies about the games, and unlockable arcade games.
The emulation of the games graphics have had a few problems, such as the screen flashing when Sonic goes underwater in the original Sonic the Hedgehog. The sound effects also have a few problems, such as when a Spin Dash is performed in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and the special stage music not playing. Additionally, the music doesn't change when the Power Sneakers are collected in either Sonic game. The Star Handle sound effect in Ristar is also different. Other games have also been noted for having sound effects that sound slightly different or don't play at all. Phantasy Star IV has a problem with the "Victory Music" not playing at the end of a battle.
- 1 Games included
- 2 History
- 3 Production credits
- 4 Magazine articles
- 5 Promotional material
- 6 Artwork
- 7 Physical scans
- 8 Technical information
- 9 External links
- 10 References
- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
- Altered Beast
- Bonanza Bros.
- Comix Zone
- Decap Attack
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Ecco: The Tides of Time
- Ecco Jr.
- Gain Ground
- Golden Axe
- Golden Axe II
- Golden Axe III
- Kid Chameleon
- Phantasy Star II
- Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
- Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
- Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi (unavailable in the PAL version)
- Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
- Sonic The Hedgehog
- Sonic The Hedgehog 2
- Super Thunder Blade
- Sword of Vermilion
- Vectorman 2
- Virtua Fighter 2
Unlockable Games (PS2)
- Altered Beast (Arcade version) - Play every game including the arcade games in the extras.
- Future Spy - Complete Comix Zone episode 1.
- Tac-Scan - Enter the bonus stage in the first level of Ristar.
- Zaxxon - Collect a Chaos Emerald in Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Zektor - Clear level 2 (including the boss) in Altered Beast (Mega Drive).
Unlockable Games (PSP)
- Astro Blaster - Complete Comix Zone Episode 1.
- Eliminator - Complete level 2 in Altered Beast.
- Space Fury - Enter the bonus stage in the first level of Ristar.
- Super Zaxxon - Play every game including the arcade games in the extras.
- Tip Top (Congo Bongo) - Collect a Chaos Emerald in Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Phantasy Star Universe - Play Phantasy Star II, III, and IV.
- Virtua Fighter 5 - Play Virtua Fighter 2
- H. Katooka, D. Katajiri - Win a round in Virtua Fighter 2 by ring out.
- Kazunari Tsukamoto - Play Phantasy Star III.
- Kazuo Wakihara - Score 5,000 points in Columns.
- Makoto Uchida - Get 150,000 points in Altered Beast.
- Rieko Kodama - Get 1000 coins in Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
- Shun Nakamura - Play Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- Takao Miyoshi - Play Phantasy Star IV.
- Tohru Yoshida - Play Phantasy Star II.
- Yuji Uekawa - Play Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Akira Nishino - Play Ristar.
Sequels and re-releases
- Sega Fun Pack: Sonic Rivals 2 & Sega Genesis Collection for the Sony PlayStation Portable (2009)
PlayStation Portable version
- Lead Programmer: Daniel Filner
- Producer: Micheal J. Boccieri
- Localization producer: Yukiko Miyajima Grove
- Associate Producers: Eric Eberhardt, W. Thomas Grove
- User Interface Artists: Edwin Chin, Chad Pfarr, Justin Richmond
- Sound and Music Design: Yannis Brown
- Classic Arcade Emualtion: Vernon Brooks, YM2612, SN76489
- Emulation: Steve Snake
- Z80 Emulation: George Phillips, Peter Phillips, Jeff Vavasour
- Lead Producer: David Sirlin
- Senior Producer: Steven Kovensky
- Technical Director: David R. Sullivan
- Studio Head: Mike Mika
- Special Thanks: Foundation 9 Entertainment, BBE Vancouver Studio, BBE Emeryville IT, Farracy Richmond 3D41, Maria "Doombunny" Daquipa, Karen Murphy, Sarah Reynolds, "phear lotek", Anne V. Tofte, April, Jamie, Yanma, The Miyajima Family, All our Moms & Dads
- CEO: Naoya Tsurumi
- President/COO: Simon Jeffery
- VP of Product Development: David Cobb
- VP of Sales: Sue Hughes
- Producer: Jon Sell
- Associate Producers: Ethan Einhorn, Stephen Frost
- Lead Analyst: Lee Frohman
- Game History Text: Phil Theobold
- Compliancy Lead Analyst: Stephen Akana
- Compliancy Assistant Lead: Lawrence Mann
- Compliancy Testers: Joe Floyd, Steve Fleming, Junior Sison, Cliff Anderson
- Assistant Lead Analysts: Michael Baldwin, Dan Kingdon
- Lead Tester: Lee Frohman
- Testers: Teresa Guest, Rick Imperial, Sam Carion, Hugh Do, Chad Ginsburg, Marvin Hom, Justin Honegger, Niroth Keo, Peter Koenig, Don Patterson, George Rabinovich, Aaron Reif, Ramon Thomas, Dennis Constantino, Jesse Dunne, Ben Seto
- VP, Entertainment Marketing: Scott Steinberg
- Product Manager: Sarah Berridge
- Public Relations: Steve Groll, Denny Chiu
- Special Thanks: Mia Provonsha, Jez Sherlock
- CEO: Naoya Tsurumi
- President/COO: Mike Hayes
- Development Director: Gary Dunn
- Creative Director: Matt Woodley
- Director European Marketing: Gary Knight
- Head of External Development: Jim Woods
- Localization Producer: Ben Barker
- Director of Brand Marketing: David Miller
- European PR: Lynn Daniel, Kerry Martyn
- Associate Brand Manager: Hiromi Ando
- International Brand Manager: Ben Chalmers-Stevens
- Operations: Mark Simmons, Caroline Searle
- Creative Services: Tom Bingle, Alison Warfield, Morgan Gibbons, Akane Hiraoka, Arnoud Tempelaere
- Head of Online Services: Justin Moodie
- Web Designer: Bennie Booyson
- Head of Development Services: Mark Le Breton
- Localization Manager: Marta Lois Gonzalez
- Localization Coordinator: Giuseppe Rizzo
- Translators: Daniela Kaynert, Brigette Nadesan, Maria Chironi, Luis Parades Gomez, Jay Bannmuller, Antonella Marras, Carole Kunzelman
- Mastering Group: John Hegarty, Roy Boateng, Jigar Patel
- QA Supervisors: Marlon Grant, Stuart Arrowsmith
- Senior Team Lead: Julie Metior
- Assistant Team Leads: Ben Carvell, Yusuf Ibrahim
- Testers: Barnaby Gillet, Christopher Allwood, William Diviney, Kerry Hance, Imonene Unude, Thomas Morgan, Arjun Pandey, David Moore
- Standards Co-Ordinators: Mohammed Ajaib, Michael Hanley, Justin Amore
- Standard Testers: Ibrahim Bhatti, Peter Leung, Nicky Kotze, Aaron Wright, Bryan Wessels, Nithiyan Thiruudaian
- Language Co-Ordinators: Jean Baptiste-Bagot, Alessandro Irranca, Sven Wittmack
- Language Testers: Dietmar Krueger, Vincent Plisson, Mario Canosa, Sebastian Perez Salguero, Jaron Scholz, Antonio Matamoros, Romain Deruffe
- Producer: Sirr Less, Vadan Less
- Editors: Laura Hanna, Mark Capraro
- After Effects: Sean Dana
- Compression: Christine Hermsmeyer Kane
- Main article: Sega Mega Drive Collection/Magazine articles.
PlayStation 2 version
|PlayStation 2, FR|
PlayStation Portable version
|PlayStation Portable, AU (PSP Essentials)|
|PlayStation Portable, UK/FR (PSP Essentials)|
|PlayStation Portable, FR (PSP Essentials)|
|PlayStation Portable, FR/NL (PSP Essentials)|
|PlayStation Portable, ES (PSP Essentials)|
Game list by GoodGen
- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle (U) (REV01) [!].bin
- Altered Beast (W) (REV02) [!].bin
- Bonanza Bros. (JE) (REV00) [!].bin
- Columns (W) (REV01) [!].bin
- Comix Zone (U) [!].bin
- Decap Attack (UE) [!].bin
- ECCO - The Tides of Time (U) [!].bin
- ECCO Jr. (UA) (REV01) [!].bin
- ECCO The Dolphin (UE) [!].bin
- Flicky (UE) [!].bin
- Gain Ground (UE) [c][!].bin
- Golden Axe (W) (REV01) [!].bin
- Golden Axe II (W) [!].bin
- Golden Axe III (J) [!].bin
- Kid Chameleon (UE) [!].bin
- Phantasy Star - The End of the Millenium (U) [!].bin
- Phantasy Star II (UE) (REV02) [!].bin
- Phantasy Star III - Generations of Doom (UE) [!].bin
- Ristar (UE) (Sep 1994) [h1C].bin
- Shadow Dancer - The Secret of Shinobi (W) [c][!].bin
- Shinobi III - Return of the Ninja Master (U) [!].bin
- Sonic The Hedgehog (W) (REV00) [!].bin
- Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (W) (REV01) [!].bin
- Super Thunder Blade (W) (REV01) [!].bin
- Sword of Vermilion (UE) [!].bin
- Vectorman (UE) [!].bin
- Vectorman 2 (U) [!].bin
- Virtua Fighter 2 (UE) [!].bin