Super Fantasy Zone
From Sega Retro
|Super Fantasy Zone|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Virtual Console|
|Sound driver: Sunsoft custom|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Super Fantasy Zone (スーパーファンタジーゾーン) is an entry in the Fantasy Zone series of games, and was initially released in 1992 for the Sega Mega Drive. Unlike previous outings, Super Fantasy Zone was handled entirely by Sunsoft (under license from Sega), who had previously brought Fantasy Zone and Fantasy Zone II to the Nintendo Famicom.
For unknown reasons the game was not released in cartridge form in North America, but is currently unconfirmed as being a Sega Channel title. It eventually saw a more widespread release as part of the Wii's Virtual Console service.
Like others in the series, Super Fantasy Zone is a multi-directional side scrolling shooter. Players control Opa-Opa and are tasked with shooting and destroying "bases" littered across levels, before fighting a boss. For the most part, gameplay is identical to the original Fantasy Zone, ignoring features such as the warps from Fantasy Zone II.
|Speed Upgrades||Weapon Upgrades||Bomb Upgrades||Special Weapons|
NOTE: These are the starting prices for the items in the shop. The prices for these items increase as you purchase more of them.
(Hurricane is misspelled as "Harricane" in this game)
- Main article: Super Fantasy Zone/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
|Mega Drive, FR|
- Sega of Japan Virtual Console pages: Mega Drive
- File:SegaForce UK 13.pdf, page 89
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_sfz/ (archived: 2008-05-10 10:38)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/07.html (archived: 2018-03-05 23:01)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/GRNFWY2mPxicCad67jpTgrsXby5sHBc8 (archived: 2010-11-23 00:51)
- http://www.nintendolife.com/games/megadrive/super_fantasy_zone (archived: 2017-07-04 12:24)
- File:MegaTech UK 03.pdf, page 48
- File:SegaPro UK 05.pdf, page 56
- File:SegaForce UK 13.pdf, page 88
|Super Fantasy Zone|