FIFA Road to World Cup 98 (Mega Drive)
From Sega Retro
|FIFA Road to World Cup 98|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|Publisher: Electronic Arts|
|Developer: Electronic Arts, Extended Play Productions, XYZ Productions|
|Sound driver: Electronic Arts/Kevin Pickell|
|Peripherals supported: 4 Way Play|
|Number of players: 1-4|
|Official in-game languages: |
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
FIFA Road to World Cup 98 is a 1997 soccer game by Electronic Arts released for the Sega Mega Drive as a sequel (or update) to FIFA 97: Gold Edition. As with its predecessor, the Mega Drive version is an isometric game which lacks the 3D technology seen in other ports.
While each country got the same game ROM, each country got slightly different packaging featuring players from that country's national soccer team. It is supposedly the last officially-licensed Mega Drive game released in Europe (but this is unconfirmed), and was released exclusively in this region.
As was the case with FIFA Soccer 96 and FIFA 97: Gold Edition, FIFA 98 was ported from the Mega Drive to the Super NES and released around the same time period. Following a tradition set out by the previous two games, the Super NES version runs with a lower frame rate, although the gap has been closed slightly from previous iterations.
- Produced By: Extended Play Productions
- Developer: XYZ Productions
- Programmers - XYZ: Larry Garner, Umrao Mayer
- Artists - XYZ: George Simmons, Terry Lloyd
- Music - XYZ: Eric Swanson
- Producer - XYZ: Umrao Mayer
- Animator - XYZ: George Simmons
- Art Direction: David Adams
- Executive Producer: Bruce McMillan
- Line Producer: Marc Aubanel
- Associate Producer: Louise Read
- Assistant Producer: John Stroppa
- Technical Director: Kevin Pickell
- Product Managers: Duncan Magee, Margaret Murray
- Special Thanks: Jennifer Campbell, Penny Lee, Brian Plank, Nicholas Wlodyka, Doug Casey
- QA Coordinator: John Santamaria
- QA Lead: Andrew Chan
- Assistant Lead: Aaron Grant
- QA Testers: Aaron Watmough, Edward Chiu, Mark Peters, Richard Barrett
- Language Testing: Sylvain Caburrosso, Andrea Bernardoni, Antonio Lopez, Alexander Golubowitsch
- QA Mastering: Peter Petkov, Cary Chao, Jeff Hutchinson
- QA Test: Colin Cox, Darcy Gog, Paul Breland, Chris Wallace, Jason Feser, Zech Prinz
- QA Special Thanks: Bob Purewal, Randy Parmar, Bill Kim, Geoff Ball
- In-game credits
- Main article: FIFA Road to World Cup 98 (Mega Drive)/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status
|FIFA Road to World Cup 98 (Mega Drive)|