This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
NHL Hockey for the Sega Game Gear is an ice hockey game released by Electronic Arts as part of their licensed NHL series. It is unrelated to the Mega Drive game with the same name, instead taking design cues primarily from one of the sequels, NHL 95.
NHL Hockey was the only EA-published NHL game to hit the Game Gear (although a reworked version of EA Hockey came to the platform in the form of Championship Hockey, published in small numbers by U.S. Gold). A successor, NHL 96 was advertised for the Game Gear, but was not released.
- Design Adapted by: Steve Ettinger & Kevin Hogan
- Programmed by: Steve Ettinger, Gary Syck, Jeremy Corley, Stephen Nguyen & Doug Schilling
- Animations by: Laura Raines Smith
- Backgrounds by: Jean Bergesen
- Music and Sounds by: Greg Turner, Eric Swanson & Eric Neilsen
- Organ Music by: Dieter Ruehle
- Executive Producer: Scott Orr
- Supervising Producer: Rob Martyn
- Produced by: Kevin Hogan
- Assistant Producer: Ted Fitzgerald
- Technical Directors: Colin McLaughlan, David Bunch
- Producer For Realtime Associates, Seattle Division: Steve Ettinger
- Testing by: Harvey Bush & Sean House
- Testing by: Cheryl Harada, Ed Higa, Chris MacDonald, Scott Stoabs
- Player Ratings by: John Rosasco & Neil Smith of the Champion New York Rangers
- Player Card Photos by: Steve Babineau
- Product Manager: Chip Lange
- Project Coordinator: Kyra Woody
- Special Thanks to: Jessica, Kyle, Russell & Linda Ettinger
- Source: In-game credits (title screen)
- Main article: NHL Hockey (Game Gear)/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status
- ↑ File:NHLHockey GG EU Box Back.jpg
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Mean Machines Sega, "May 1995" (UK; 1995-03-28), page 84
- ↑ Games World: The Magazine, "May 1995" (UK; 1995-xx-xx), page 85
- ↑ Player One, "Avril 1995" (FR; 1995-0x-xx), page 112
- ↑ Sega News, "Listopad 1996" (CZ; 1996-1x-xx), page 34
- ↑ Sega Pro, "Easter 1995" (UK; 1995-03-23), page 54