This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Toughman Contest is a boxing game released by Electronic Arts for the Sega Mega Drive and Sega 32X. It's based on the amateur boxing competition of the same name.
Toughman Contest is a boxing game played from the first person, in a style similar to Nintendo's Punch Out!! arcade games.
While the content is the same, Toughman Contest on the 32X has entirely re-designed backgrounds to take advantage of the wider colour palette of the system. It also offers slightly higher quality speech samples than its Mega Drive counterpart.
- Designed by: Michael Rubinelli
- Developed by: Visual Concepts Entertainment, Inc.
- Programming by: Tim Meekins
- 32X Programming by: Roderick L. Mann
- Lead Artist: Colin Silverman
- Graphic Artists: Heather Snitzer, Peter Wong, Nelson Wang, Dale Henderscheid, Matthew Crysdale
- Project Manager: Jeffrey J. Thomas
- Technical Assistance: Stephen Theodore Chiang
- Sound: Brian Schmidt
- Music: Brian Schmidt
- Executive Producer: Scott Orr
- Producer: Michael Rubinelli
- Assistant Producer: Scott Wilkinson
- Testers: Foster Birch, Marc Gilliland, Sean House, Michael Caldwell
- Technical Director: David Walker
- Product Manager: H. Erik Whiteford
- Licensed by: Adore Ltd.
- Special Thanks: Arthur Dore Sr., Kevin Hogan, Eric Esch (Butter Bean), Gordon Bellamy, Coolio, Spoon, Shelly Haute, Cheri Fischer
- In-game credits
- Package Design: E.J. Sarraille Design Group
- Package Photo: David Martinez
- Package Art Director: Nancy Waisanen
- Documentation: Paul "Knuckle-Dragger" Armatta & David "Buzz-Saw" Lee
- Documentation Layout: Tom Peters and The Gin Brothers
- Testing Manager: Al Roireau
- Quality Assurance: James "Saved-by-the-Bell" Abney, Mike Gong
- Special Thanks To: Joe Bob
- US manual
- Main article: Toughman Contest/Magazine articles.
Print advert in GamePro
(US) #69: "April 1995" (1995-xx-xx)
Mega Drive version
|Mega Drive, US
|Mega Drive, EU
|Mega Drive, SE (Rental)
|Mega Drive, AU (PAL)
|Mega Drive, AU (NTSC-U)
ROM dump status
- ↑ File:ToughmanContest MD SE Box Rental.jpg
- ↑ GamePro, "May 1995" (US; 1995-xx-xx), page 44
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Mean Machines Sega, "April 1995" (UK; 1995-02-28), page 79
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sega Magazine, "April 1995" (UK; 1995-03-15), page 80
- ↑ Computer & Video Games, "April 1995" (UK; 1995-03-15), page 88
- ↑ Games World Magazin, "" (DE; 1995-0x-xx), page 79
- ↑ Consoles +, "Avril 1995" (FR; 1995-0x-xx), page 90/91 (90)
- ↑ Computer & Video Games, "April 1995" (UK; 1995-03-15), page 88-89 (88)
- ↑ Mean Machines Sega, "April 1995" (UK; 1995-02-28), page 78/79 (79)
- ↑ Player One, "Avril 1995" (FR; 1995-0x-xx), page 102/103 (102)
- ↑ VideoGames, "May 1995" (US; 1995-xx-xx), page 92-93 (92)
- ↑ Hyper, "October 1995" (AU; 1995-xx-xx), page 68