FIFA Soccer 96 (32X)
From Sega Retro
- For the Sega Mega Drive and Sega Game Gear versions, see FIFA Soccer 96; for the Sega Saturn version, see FIFA Soccer 96 (Saturn).
|FIFA Soccer 96|
|Publisher: Electronic Arts|
|Developer: Extended Play Productions, Probe Entertainment|
|System(s): Sega 32X|
|Sound driver: Electronic Arts/Kevin Pickell|
|Number of players: 1-4|
| Official in-game languages:
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
FIFA Soccer 96 for the Sega 32X is an entry to the FIFA series of video games, and was developed by Extended Play Productions and published by Electronic Arts. This version of FIFA 96 was only released in Europe, and stands as one of two PAL-exclusive 32X titles (the other being Darxide).
The 32X version of FIFA 96, while sharing much of the content from its 16-bit and other 32-bit counterparts, is a bespoke version of the game for Sega's add-on. The game is a mixture of 2D and 3D elements, playing more like the Sega Mega Drive and Game Gear version of the game, but adopting a similar 3D camera to the Sega Saturn version.
Players are rendered as 2D sprites, slightly larger than their Mega Drive counterparts, and the pitch is rendered in 3D (or rather, a flat plane for the grass, and simple models for the goals and walls, with a mixture of textures and flat shading). Rather than a fixed isometric perspective, the camera can move, rotate and zoom, although by default is set up to mimic similar angles to the classic FIFA games. An advantage of using this method is that the camera can zoom out during goal kicks, making it easier to see where what the goalkeeper is aiming at.
- Licensed by: Sega Enterprises, Ltd.
- Produced by: Extended Play
- Developed by: Probe Entertainment Ltd.
- Executive Producer: Bruce McMillan
- Producer: Steven Rechtschaffner
- Assistant Producer: Kevin "Kermit" Loh
- Art Director: David Adams
- Technical Director: Kevin Pickell
- Music & Music Director: Robert Bailley
- Development Director: Ted Sylka
- Quality Assurance
- Lead: Steve Livaja
- Backup Lead: Justin Cooney
- Testers: Darren Hagman, Gordon Thornton, Jason Bone, Glenn Grant, Matthew Pryl, Peter Saumur, Lem Gamboa
- Creative Director: Joe Bonar
- Programmers: Rob Hylands, Dave Collins
- Art Manager: Bliz
- Artists: Little Kev, Matthew Cooling
- Quality Assurance
- Lead: Cliff Ramsey
- Testers: James Brown, Nick McGee, Mark Viccary, Rob Lewtas, Enviro-Mike
- QA Coordinator: Jon Bruce
- FIFA AI: Brian Plank
- Front End Art: Suzan Germic
- Administration: Louise Read
- Animation: David Demorest
- SGI Support: John Rix, Craig Hui
- Swedish bloke: Dennis
- Source: Opening demo
- Main article: FIFA Soccer 96 (32X)/Magazine articles.
#52: "Enero 1996" (xxxx-xx-xx)
|Sega Retro Average|
| Based on|
ROM dump status