From Sega Retro
Playlist Manager for RADIOSEGA. Trusted Editor for VGMdb.
- Country: South Africa
- Date of Birth: 2000-08-21
- First Soundtrack Purchase: SEGA RALLY 2006 ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK
- Playlist Manager since: June 29, 2020
Frequents various SEGA websites for music-related info. Cares deeply about Production Credits. Unnofficially heads the SEGA side of VGMdb's product line. Half the year, I host the weekly podcast/LiVE show Individual on RadioSEGA. It's a Wednesday show in which I go over the histories and sounds of SEGA sound designers (or at the very least, the musicians with substantial ties to SEGA). A lot of edits you see during the second half of the year, it's to do with me researching for Individual.
- Complete Harmony 1994 joins (last finished Yuichi Morosawa)
- Complete UGA staff page (last finished 野田 恵市)
- Complete Hitmaker column profiles (last finished Masaru Kurosawa)
- Make PDFs for more albums
- Research CEDEC pages and upload photos 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Add references of Westone games listed here.
- Masayoshi Obata? - https://retrocdn.net/images/2/23/BeepMD_JP_1994-08.pdf CG designer on page 91
- Interview sorting on Sonic and Sega Retro - https://discord.com/channels/202859782779043840/1079230522288504942/1147571227993591871
- Look through all Calenders in Beep! Megadrive and Mega Drive Fan for missed release dates and canceled games.
- Create Sega AM2 Sound/Sega CS3 Sound. Also link them to the respective confirmed games.
- Change pages linked to Aspect to also include appropriate Sega divisions.
Developer pages worth rewriting
- Hisao Oguchi
- Yukifumi Makino
- Hiroshi Kawaguchi
- Takenobu Mitsuyoshi
- Nobutaka Arii
- Takayuki Kawagoe - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HMV4YO83bHAyd2PNThHHsC-axo6YEEO80VUrWOKprYM/edit
- related - Sega Sound Team https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XdBolov3-iQmKzx77N0OQPi8Ck3XqpUU4i-IcZKuz2g/edit?usp=sharing
- Check ERI in Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone II
- Go through Weekly-AM2 for Production Credits breakdown, e.g. OutRun2
- Check magazine articles for Koichi Sasaki's games, if there's interviews they might reveal his earlier works.
Magazine articles progress
- Interviews in Beep! Megadrive - maybe finished first year?
- Link games for Beep! Megadrive. Go in reverse order, earlier releases seem better-covered.
- Interviews in Saturn Fan - everything in WAY to the SEGA FAN?
- Interviews in Sega Saturn Magazine (Japan) - up to at least SSM JP 19960223 1996-03.pdf (most recent Yu Suzuki interview)
- Interviews in Dreamcast Magazine (Japan) - complete list todo https://docs.google.com/document/d/15D_B4WH30oMhSdjPe14fJQDnbWFCPcXIzMSI8Rs9ZBI/edit
- Game links for Mega Drive Fan - only Mdfan_JP_1989-11.pdf (issue 2)
- Find that CRI interview with like 10 different people and they all have photos.
Soundtrack sections for games
- Sachio Ogawa - Booty, Roge, E.Fugu
- Masafumi Ogata - Galapagos
- Yasuhiro Kawakami - Yamiagari
- Hisato Fukumoto - see Talk:Hisato_Fukumoto
- Kazuo Wakihara - Wahaha
- Chieko Aoki - April Fool
- Yoshihiko Toyoshima - よしくん (Yoshikun), Totoyo
- Takashi Atsu - Atsu
- Ai Kotani - Cotani ?
- Junichi Tsuchiya - Tsuch/Sukebe J/J.T (same person for all 3 names)
- Naomi Yamamoto - N.Y, Nao Chan (in SDI), Nao, Nao Nao
- Ryuichi Hattori - Mad Hatter?, Hatter?
- Michikazu Tamamura - Tamamur∀
- Gen Adachi - Geny
- Naoya Ichikawa - Ichiemon, N.Ichikuwa
- Keiichi Matate/Keiichi Yamamoto - K1
- Akihito Wada - Wa-Da
- Yasushi Takeuchi - K, Oct
- Kou Tanaka - Akatan (surname spelled backwards, worked with AM3]])
- Keiichi Yamamoto - Yamaichi
- Mika Okada - Mikarin (Astal graphics were compared to the Illusion series a lot, but no Astal developers are confirmed to have also worked on Illusion)
- R. Fujimura/Ray.F - Raizou/Ray
- Hiromasa Kaneko/Masaya Kaneko - Masakaneco
- Manabu Sato - Manabu, Manaby
- Takaaki Kamohara - Angel Kamo (similar names, same roles, both with Sega CS5)
- A.Tezuka - Tez (Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (8-bit)), Tez・Mania (Jurassic Park (8-bit))
- Marsh - Marusan (similar name and roles, works with many of the same people)
- K.Koba - Kamu (progammed Alex Kidd in Shinobi World with Takubon.
- KenKen - K.K. (in Ghostbusters (Mega Drive)). Similar name and same role. Also would make for 2 games programmed with K.Koba.
- Miki Morimoto - Moritan (Phantasy Star III, thanked with many previous series developers), Moririn (OutRunners, was in Sega CS3 at the time and Moririn is a designer) Mike (in Formula One World Championship: Beyond the Limit, was in Sega CS3 at the time and Mike is a designer)
- Kazuyuki Shibata - Kyz (Phantasy Star III, thanked with many previous series developers)
- Hirokazu Yasuhara - Autumn (in Super League (Mega Drive), Autumn is a translation of Akitsu, like the name Carol Akitsu. They are also both graphic designers and Autumn worked with Naoto Ohshima).
- Daisuke Sato - Ching Sato (in Surging Aura, an RPG Production game)
- Takayuki Iida - Iiyo (both programmers in roughly the same era)
- Masahiro Sanpei - Sanchan (in Formula One World Championship: Beyond the Limit, artist, matches CS3 -> CS2 trajectory)
- Hiroyuki Kawaguchi - Hirohih (in Formula One World Championship: Beyond the Limit, artist, matches CS2 -> CS3 -> CS2 trajectory)